Friday, June 16, 2006

Off to the village

Well it has been a great week and a half here in Apia but I am feeling ready to head out to our training village. We leave for two weeks tomorrow. Training has been going real great but today is a little crazy. I am trying to upload a couple pictures so hopefully that works out.

Yesterday we went to the extreme south east end of Upolu for our ocean safety training, the fact that we need such training I feel is amazing. We were taken out by a dive company for the afternoon. First we went in groups and let the currents start to take us out through the break in the reef and then had to swim back across the current to the boat. After that we had about an hour to snorkel around the reef. We saw lots of fish and some blue starfish. The whole area was beautiful. The volunteers say it is the best beach on the islands and I am ready to believe them.

This afternoon we are going to the Ministry agency that is our counterpart agency in the village development program. I am interested to see what they have for resources that we can draw on. After that I am meeting with two volunteers that are engineers that have been working on water issues in Samoa. I am excited to get as much information and contacts as I can before they leave Monday. It sounds like there are many interesting projects happening here.

In other news congratulations to my dad, he has now retired from St Paul public schools. So we will all have to see what he ends up doing next.

got to head back
peace
timoteo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home